Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup finished with warnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofladung

Technical User
Mar 21, 2005
DE
Hi everyone,

i have a strange "error" while backing up our exchange server 2003 after the update to Networker 7.2

backup of Microsoft Exchange Private Mailboxes completed
* server.domain.com:MSEXCH:MB [5500] [E] 03/21/05 08:51:11 Backup operation finished with warnings. No savetime was sent.

The mailboxes are backed up successfuly, but, because of the warning, the client start again. I set the client retry to zero, but thats a bad "solution". Any ideas?

regards,
Oliver

The client retry parameter defines only how often the server shall try to connect to the client - it id not relevant here.

I suspect a problem with the media index. Try to repair it using nsrck.

the index seems to be ok - I checked it with nsrck -L 6 - no errors.

I found this in the Legato KB (I saw these events on the server):

Here is the solution:
This is an informational message, and does not indicate any problem.

Here is the problem or goal:
Error: 'Event ID (1) Source: Networker Category: NWM Exchange. Description: Sent savetime (save_time) to savegrp'
Messages in Application Event Log
Backups are successful

Let's wait for a patch ;o)

Hello Oliver,

I have the same problem after installing NetWorker 7.2.1 and NME 4.1. Can you tell me if you succeeded in solving this problem?

Regards,
Hans

Hello Hans,

I received a server patch (for 7.2 build 172) from an external consultant (an EMC partner). Unfortunately it's not available on the EMC site. Do you have a software support contract for the networker?

regards,
Oliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back