Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Failing: Unable to attach to a resource error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldfuzion

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2002
US
I recently installed a new Exchange Server (2003) and added it to my backup schedule. I am now getting this odd error that i can't seem to troubleshoot. Any help would be appreciated.

Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Backup- SERVER
Unable to attach to \\SERVER\Microsoft Exchange Directory.
V-79-57344-33932 - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.
Unable to attach to \\SERVER\Microsoft Exchange Information Store.
V-79-57344-33932 - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.

Thanks again.

Have you installed the backup exec exchange agent?

-------------------------------

If it doesn't leak oil it must be empty!!

Seems to be a rights issue. When you create a new job can you select the server and the information store.
Grant the backup exec service account FULL rights in exchange.

I believe you are right. When i run a test on the resource credentials, all are "Successful" expect for the two (Microsoft Exchange Directory and Microsoft Exchange Information Store) that are failing in the backup. How do i go about granting backup exec service full rights in Exchange?
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back