Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

backup failed 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lastartz

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2001
US
all of a sudden I'm getting an error that I can't connect to admin$ on 2 of my servers. Everything on each of the servers does back up. I have tryed removing the shares, putting them back, reentering the password, all to no avail. Can anyone help? We are running nt 4 w\arcserve 6.6

Have you changed any administrator passwords? Does your Arcserve have its own user ID and password?

(I give all my services a username starting with ~ so they appear on the top of the list.)

From the Arcserve manager check the passwords associated with the job that is failing, and from the Arcserve Server manger check the password there (its one of the options under the file menu I think??)

Also check the file and share level permisions on the share that is failing. Does the user that Arcserve is logging on as have access.

Does the Arcserve user have backup privlidges granted in the advanced user setup?

ArcserveIT 6.6 is a very buggy product and 6.61 was given away as a free upgrade until December 2000 in Austraia at least. Talk to CA and see if you can score an old copy of the upgrade.

Do you actually need to specify this share in the backup? After all this is pointing to c:\winnt which is backed up as part of the c drive. Just de-select it from the backup source.

Daniel

I had to start using the NT agent to get around this. If you aren't using it now...start right away. Monkeylizard
-Isaiah 35-

Sounds daft but do you use the novell intranetware client? From the backup server login as workstation only then try the backups again. Are these machines member servers? if so sumit the backupp with domainname\username for security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back