Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup/export voice mail messages from IX Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

kulabird

Technical User
Jan 13, 2010
US
Greetings:

My site's Avaya CM (8.x) and CMM is airgapped and we in the process of upgrading the voice mail to IX Messaging. Is there a way to export/backup voice mail messages for users on the system?

Thanks,

Kulabird

Yes, there is a migration path to migrate messages, mailboxes, names, and greetings from CMM to IXM. I think the only thing it wouldn't migrate at the time (CMM6 to IXM 10.8 2 years ago) was the user passwords.

-CL

Apologies, I need to rephrase this question.

Can I export a singular message (assuming this is an MP3 or WAV file) in my IX Messaging mailbox. Say I receive a voice mail message which needs to be exported to a file (then burned to disc for archival, placed on USB or emailed) for the 'head honchos' or 'legal.' Is there a way to export this singular message from IX Messaging?

Thanks

Barely....lol. To get 1 message, you could configure/use Message Manager 5.1 if you can find the client. It will let you to login to Audix/CMM using a PC and save a message to .wav.

-CL

It depends on what licensing entitlements you are using with ix messaging (avaya messaging). You would need advanced licensing but you can easily use cse server to integrate into office 365. You can use “notify Me” equivalent so it sends a copy of the voicemail to your email. You also have a 3rd option to send the audio file to a network share.

Sorry, this site will remain airgapped - even though they want the ability to export/grab specific voice mail messages from the system. It does sound like it is possible, though messy, using IX CSE with an SMTP server. While I did suggest calling into the voicemail from a mobile phone and then recording the message on a mobile is also messy, some higher-ups felt there must be another option to grab the individual file with correct timestamps. Help!

'Intuity Message Manager' application
Not sure if this would work. Isn't Avaya Messaging (IX Messenger/OfficeLink) a completely different platform versus the Audix family?

There is a web client that the user could use. We don't let the users use it but I have used it in the past to grab messages from a mailbox.

Sounds good, I'll try this out.
Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back