Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec won't do a scheduled backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

LKalka

MIS
Aug 15, 2001
US
We are using Backup Exec V 8.5 on a peer-to-peer network. We have scheduled a daily backup to run at 10 PM. It was working until recently. Now it doesn't do a backup as scheduled. I don't see any error messages. When I do a scheduled backup for 10 minutes into the future, it runs fine.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We had a similar problem with backup exec-8.6 in a Win2000 server environment: the media server has attached a dell powervault library via scsi, and some day the unattended backup did not start any more.

Our workaround is to go to the media tab an just do one mouseclick onto each of the media after insertion. It seems to solve the problem.

I have a Dell Poervault 7000, 7 tape library. I go to devices after I rotate the tapes and right click on slots choose inventory. this will inventory all the slots. I also run about a 30 day rotaion with daily rotations. I have placed a media set setting to not overwrite until 2 weeks after the tape was written too. This keeps me from wasting good data. Now after the inventory all tapes should appear in blue text meaning they can be overwritten. If they are in black your job may not write to the tapes without intervention.

Has someone renamed the job definition? If so any scheduled jobs based on this definition will not run. You will need to create a new schedule based on the definitions new name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back