Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec V 9.0 Single Backup File Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisb1357

IS-IT--Management
Feb 21, 2007
US
Hi all,

I have a daily backup job setup in Backup Exec V9.0 that runs each night to backup all data from our server onto a Network RAID drive. The problem i am getting is it only backs up to a single bkf file each night and after each backup run the bkf files seems to always double in size from the last time i backup was done. Any ideas on best way to resolve this and is there a way i can see inside the BKF file to restore a single file or check the backup contents

Many Thanks

Inventory and catalog your backup set, this will then show you what it contains.

-------------------------------

If it doesn't leak oil it must be empty!!

Where do i set this Inventory and Catalog for my backup.

We are running the backup each night using Backup Exec which backs up to a NAS (Raid Device)on our network. On the device the backup shows as just a bkf file so not sure if i can do a Inventory and Catalog on this or not

Chris

Click on the devices tab, then drill down on Backup to Disk folders then right click on your backup folder, this should give you the Inventory option, after running this right click on the media and select Catalog.

I have now done the following. Where should i be able to see the contents on the baackup bkf files.

Also we have a strange issue with the backup run. Just say our last backup was 25GB. The next backup the following day would grow by a further 25GB and so on and not sure why its doing this as it seems to double in size each night.

Also we are getting 2x bkf backup files even that only 1 job is listed.

Chris

Now select restore in the selections you should see what has been backed up.

If your backup is doubling in size are you doing a full backup every night and appending it to the media set?

Backup Exec creates bkf files as needed, based on the amount of data you are backing up not the number of backup jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back