Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec not running jobs, show status "ready, unknown"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mktck

Technical User
Feb 9, 2009
SG
HI,

I am running backup exec 12.

My backup exec recently start to not run jobs. I am unable to completely run Inventory or Unlock, it just shows running without the percentage increasing. Scheduled jobs just shows "ready, unknown" status. I have tried deleting and re-running the Device Configuration Wizard, I got the drive installed properly, but still it is not running.

I have backup exec 2010R3 ready to be installed, but should I really install it, will it help at all? and if I install it, will my current scheduled jobs be overwritten?

Kindly share if you suspect it is a software or hardware issue...THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Hello.
I work for Symantec, in the Backup Exec division. I saw your post and wanted to offer some assistance.

What type of device are you backing up to? Does an job log get created showing any type of error?

In regards to Backup Exec 2010 R3 - I would recomment to upgrade to this as a start. Your scheduled jobs will not be overwritten.

Best Regards,
Elias AbuGhazaleh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back