Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec Job Activity at 100% Yet Still Running

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelpunk

IS-IT--Management
Jun 9, 2010
US

I setup and configured a new server to handle our backups yesterday, installing Symantec Backup Exec 11d and a Dell 124T tape autoloader. I have only configured one job (so far) to backup our Exchange server by choosing the mail-server's name from the list in the directory. This job was configured to be a full backup and to be written to the tapes starting at 11pm.

This morning I checked on it to make sure it was complete and the job says it's at 100% but it's still counting bytes and next to the time left it says something ridiculous like 9875480 hours.

Is it stuck on something or what? Is there anything I can do to stop the job and get a good backup report? How can I debug this?

my first thought would be to stop the job and restart the backup server and try the backup again tonight. every now and then one of my backup will just hang at 100%, this is the quick fix of course and not a solution but works for me as i do not have enough time to fully find the cause.

Also on the exchange server you can put the remote agent into debug mode and see what its doing

on the start parametres of the service put -debug into the section and apply it, then restart the service. this should populate the logs for you, which you can find more info on the following URL: -

PS it will fail your backup and you will need to start again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back