Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec hangs Netware 5.0 server on loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmac2

Technical User
May 15, 2002
GB
I had loaded Veritas Backup Exec 9.0 about a month ago on a NetWare 5.0 Server. It has been backing up quite happily. Due to an unrelated Abend I had to reboot the Server, unfortunatley when the server tried to reload Backup Exec the Server hangs, utilization goes up to 95% and users cannot log in.

I rebooted the server and it runs perfectly without Backup Exec.

I have uninstalled and reloaded from scratch, but it is still the same.

Anyone any ideas.

Bigmac2

Have you run a DSREPAIR? -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Yes. I have run through all the usual fixes. Dsrepair, Reboot and reinstall. Bestart still causes the server to hang.

Thanks

I just ran into that on a test server. Does it get better if you go ahead and log into the BackupExec console on the server?

There are several patches at veritas. I ended up installing a new build, bringing it to build #4174.

I have managed to fix this. It turns out to be a faulty Tape drive. When this was replaced Backup Exec loaded OK.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back