Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec Education

Status
Not open for further replies.

bballmama

Instructor
May 21, 2002
US
Have any of you used the Veritas Backup Exec education options? I think that they seem very pricey. I've managed backup systems for years and find the BE 9.0 to be a little confusing. That includes the documentation available both in print and on their website. I am seeking a higher level of understanding. Are any of you aware of the quality of these services? I would hate to pay for education and still think tha the documentation is bad. what about other web resources?

TIA

The best education is to have an unlimited support contract.
The first year of using backup exec I would call them 3 times a week and ask questions about everthing. I called it my daily lesson. My support contract is about $350 for the year a great price.

I agree with the support contract option. I have been calling them often. I am a little concerned because I've used Backup Exec for years, but this version seems very foreign to me!

Thanks for the advice. You confirmed my thoughts exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back