Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec - Dr. Watson - 0xC0000005 - BENGINE.DBG - 0x78001799

Status
Not open for further replies.

NVCTechs

MIS
Jun 27, 2000
US
Everytime i exit Backup Exec 7.0 Rev 725 I get a Dr. Watson Error Of:<br><br>Application Error<br>App:&nbsp;&nbsp;EXE\Beserver.dbg<br>Exception Number:&nbsp;&nbsp;0xC0000005 (c0000005)<br>Exception Address:&nbsp;&nbsp;0x78001799<br><br>I tried the tech note from Veritas:<br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> no success.<br><br>Please Help<br><br><A HREF="mailto:nvctechs@pacbell.net">nvctechs@pacbell.net</A>

** RESPONSE FROM VERITAS TO ME **<br><br>Hello,<br>You need to upgrade to 7.01 rev 1616. What you are experiencing is a<br>defect in an earlier version of our product.<br><br>To update to our latest build of 7.01 build 1616, please follow the<br>instructions below.<br><br>Please visit our FTP Site at:<br><A HREF="ftp://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/backup_exec_for_windowsnt" TARGET="_new">ftp://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/backup_exec_for_windowsnt</A><br><br>bnt72i03.exe&nbsp;&nbsp;--&gt; application<br>bnt72acc.exe&nbsp;&nbsp;--&gt; application agents and updates<br>bnt71idx.exe&nbsp;&nbsp;--&gt; manual in PDF<br><br>To install revision 7.01 of the software do the following:<br>Run from a command prompt &quot;setup -fsetup701.ins&quot;<br><br>Example:&nbsp;&nbsp;d:\bnt72i03\bnt72winnt\i386\eng\setup.exe -fsetup701.ins<br><br>**Note:&nbsp;&nbsp;This would install the English, Intel version of 7.01**<br><br><br><br><br>Please include all email threads. <br><br>Christopher Bosdal<br>Advanced Support Engineer<br>VERITAS Technical Services<br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> me about SupportNOW!&quot; -&gt; <A HREF=" TARGET="_new">

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back