Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec does not show all mailboxes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cre8orrr

Technical User
May 6, 2002
AU
Hi All,

I am having "weird" problem with the Backup Exec software on our mailserver. When i am trying to backup individual mailboxes, i am choosing selections -> drives -> microsoft exchange mailboxes, and then i cannot see all the mailboxes from the mailserver. i can see only 47 (out of maybe 80) or from "A" to "O" only ???? I am running win2k server and exchange 2000 and backup exec 8.5. I tried yesterday for the first time to do brick backup, however it failed. The message is:

"Unable to attach to \\MailServer\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes.
Access is denied.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Unable to attach to \\MailServer\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^"

I have created the new backup job, and in selection i cannot see any mailbox for user which user name starting with any letter after "O". Therefore i choose to brick backup all posible mailboxes, not by thicking each one individually but thick in front the "Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes" which should automatically choose all mailboxes. However it is not sucssesfull. I will later try to brick backup only few mailboxes individually... Any ideas will be highly appriciated...
Any suggestions???

Thanks

I have managed to run brick backup and runs sucsessfully but it is backing up only up to "O". I have deleted few user accounts and reduced the size of the mailboxes but it didnt help. I have created a new user which starts with "a" and i could see that mailbox, but when i created a new user which starts with 'P" i couldnt see it. I have also tried manually to add user in text mode, but it wouldnt accept it. Veeeeery strange...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back