Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec AOFO agent issues. - Urgent reply required

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarraghFitzpatrick

IS-IT--Management
Dec 18, 2002
US
Server A - File and print server (NT4)
Server B - BE 9.1 server also Exchange 5.5 server. (NT4)
Server C - ISA 2000 server (W2k)

I am running the backup on Server B, backing up data from Server A and server B. Server A has the AOFO remote agent installed on it

Server B has the ISA firewall client installed on it, this is used by the Exchange 5.5 IMC, to send/receive email through the ISA server to the internet.

If I stop all BE services on Server B and the AOFO remote agent service on Server A, disable the ISA firewall client, then restart Be services on Server B then A, the AOFO agent functions perfectly i.e. I can see the local drives on Server A in the backup selctions and can select them for backup.

However If now enable the ISA firewall client, within 10 mins, BE cannot view the local drives on Server A.

Why is this, any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Darragh Fitzpatrick

Sound like the ISA server is blocking ports or the ports are being blocked on server a. Does sever B have to go thru the ISA to get to Server A?

Port 10000 needs to be openend up

Yeah that is what is happening alright, tried to reconfigured the ports in BE but it was unsuccessful.

Read a few more knowledge base articles and found a solution. If one enables and defines User Defined shares, using the server IP address, the selections for the server become available for backup and AOFO functions correctly.

Thanks for the reply

Regards

Darragh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back