Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec and HP Sure Store 12000e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I am currently using Backup Exec with an HP Sure Store 12000e. BAckup Exec stalls when the auto changer finishes writing to one tape. The next tape never even loads and the job is at a stall until I click on the OK button to &quot;Please insert new tape into drive&quot; then it continues on. Can anyone help? Please?<br><br><br>Thanks!<br><br>LBT

I have no experience with these autochangers and can only suggest that the drivers for it may be incorrect.<br><br>Are there any Veritas tape drivers that can be used from the installation CD as this may help Backup Exec realise that the unit is an autochanger.<br><br>Alternatively, is there any software that needs configuring which came with the drive itself? <p>Jon Dymond<br><a href=mailto:jon_dymond@hotmail.com>jon_dymond@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Which version of Backup Exec are you using? If you're using Backup Exec for Windows NT 7.3 or earlier or Backup Exec for NetWare (any version), it will not recognize a library is connected until you purchase an Autoloader Option.

If you have Backup Exec for Windows NT/2000 8.0, it should work with a library, but is not correctly recognizing the library association. I would reinstall, and *make sure* not to select to enable RSM support (use Backup Exec drivers only). RSM will likely not recognize the library, since it's support is limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back