Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup exec 9.1 libary keeps going offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackupMonkey

Technical User
Oct 27, 2005
GB
Hi,

I am running a HP MSL6000 library, which has now been replaced by HP, including all 4 drives. I am also running windows 2003 standard server with x2 scsi config for x4 LTO2 drives.

The problem I have is that the library keeps going offline when you run an inventory.

I have been looking into this problem for around 5 weeks now.

Has anybody had the same.

I am happy to say that all hardware has been replaced, so must be a veritas issue.

Thanks

Alex.

Have you checked the system log for any event ID 7. 9. or 11? Have you installed/re-installed backup exec?

I have checked the event logs and i do get the event id's you mention. What does this mean.

Also I have reinstalled BE.9.1 and still the same problem.

Backupmonkey

Change the SCSI cable and go for cable that should be compatable with that HP drive. you can check it out with HP customer care or HP website.

YEp - Nothing to do with Backup Eexc. These are system error. I agree with Rohit. Change the cables, cards, etc

thanks for getting back to me.

The media server I am talking about has been working for months.

I have also had x2 scsi cards and new cables installed, so has to be a Veritas issue.

I have opned a call with Veritas and been told to upgrade from sp2 to sp4.

for me to do this I have to have information that this will fix the issue.

Backupmonkey

Retrieve the latest drivers and hot fixes from Veritas. I had the same problem, but with a different tape library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back