Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec 9.1: Backup Failed Alert - Directory not found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WMB63

IS-IT--Management
Feb 14, 2006
US
Selection list has not changed. Backups are completing but informing me of an error for directories not found. Never the same directory most of the times. Sometimes the directories do not exist and I have checked the backup list for the directories and they are not on the selection list. Failing backups have no consisitant alerts. Example - Monday will fail one week with some directory not found and then the next Monday it gives me no alert. I have not changed the backup list. Any clues why I am getting alerts for directories not being found that do or do not exist and there has been no changes to the selection list between alerts?

Recently, my backup job was "stickn" on one file but randomly and the job will be running for hours. The problem was space on the tape. During this I never got a directory not found.

My latest problem is that I am getting a directory not found but it is the same directory. I cant find the offending directory using Windows Explorer or DOS. All the files are being reported as being archived OK but the job fails. Any thoughts on this???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back