Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec 9.0 SP1 restore problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2003
NZ
Our firm manages a number of client sites.
Recently, while doing routine periodic testing, we have found a surprising phenomenon at at least 2 sites; a manual file restore job finishes with the Status: successfull 0 bytes restored, the job logs show no errors, overwrite is ticked as required. A redirected restore succeeds. Has anyone come across this? Veritas say they have never seen it!

I've seen this continually since I installed v9. Restores to original locations fail although reported successful with 0 bytes. I reported it to Veritas earlier this year. I've had to redirect restores to another location, then move the files.

I too have experienced this same problem. I have to restore to a different location and then move the files to the original location. Veritas support was no help at all. This is just another irritating bug to go along with 2 or 3 other bugs in the 9.0 release

Thanks you all for your participation.
It seems that installing the newest build of Backup Exec solves the problem -a paltry 330 Mb download!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back