Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

backup exec 8.xjob engine fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellenbrook

IS-IT--Management
Dec 6, 2002
GB
I am running 8.6 backup exec on Windows NT4 server. Around 75% of the time when a job is schedule the 8.xjob engine service fails to start and the backup will not run automatically.

I have to start the service and then manually run the backup. I cant find any error messages in the event logs and the only clue I have is when I check the scheduled tab and see that the job that was scheduled for the previous evening has disappeared and there is no record of the failure!

Do I need to apply a patch - how can I get round this problem?

When you mention SP6a is this the service pack for Windows NT, Exchange 5.5 or Backup Exec.? I cant see any service packs of that description on the server. What is the file name of the service pack? Is there a certain order in which Backup Exec is applied i.e. before or after SP6a?

Could you advise me of the procedure as I may have to remove Backup Exec and reload it

Many thanks

Hi All !
My problem with the "Job engine" is that each time I try to mark the Mailboxes for backing up the Job Engine service goes down. I do not have any log on it even when I tried to check the event log it just says that the service went down
If any one has an answer please help me the Mailboxes is realy important for backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back