Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec 8.6 Remote Agent Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregDarby

IS-IT--Management
Aug 4, 2002
AU
Hi,

I have installed Backup Exec 8.6 on a NT4 Server and Remote Agent on other NT4 / 2000 Servers. I have shares enabled (and can see them in NNeighborhood) but when selecting the Remote Selections in Backup Exec they appear greyed out. If i click on the Domain, again i can see the Servers greyed out. Clicking on them causes BackUp Exec to stop responding.

Can anyone advise why i can select selections on the Remote Servers? They are all on the same network and same domain.

Regards

Greg

Have you entered the remote agent license numbers into BE on the 'main' server?

-SQLBill

Go to Tool, Options, Network and then check User Selections. This should solve your problem.

Greg

Thanks Guys. I had installed the licences but for some reason they didn't commit so i ended up removing them and re-adding them again and it now appears to be working. Real Strange!

Thanks anyways...

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back