Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec 8.6 reinstall media recognition issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgesz

Technical User
Jun 8, 2003
US
Hello Experts!

I uninstalled Backup Exec 8.6 trial version on Windows 2000 Advanced Server, and then I installed the registered version. After the reinstall, it found my backup jobs, but when the backup job wants to start, it kicks out the tape and asks me to insert a tape.

I have 5 tapes, and initially it simply took the additional tapes and ran the daily backup.

What do I need to do to have the tapes recognized again?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Georgesz

Did you Inventory them after you installed the registered version?

-SQLBill

Look at your media overwrite protection. Go to media tab, right click on your media set, properties. If your media overwrite is set to infinate-Don't allow append you will be able to write one time to tapes. I set mine to 7 days and allow append. This means: I cannot overwrite the tape for at least 7 days, but I can continue to append until the tape is full.

Thanks everyone!

It looks like I made one other change after reinstalling - in the job definition I changed it to append to media instead of overwrite. My media Overwrite protection is set to None. I changed the job definition back to Overwrite, and the job completed last night.

Thanks again!

Georgesz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back