Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec 8.6 Failing

Status
Not open for further replies.

styszka

Technical User
Jan 24, 2003
US
I am running Backup Exec 8.6 Small Business Server Edition on a Win2k SB Server. I have dual 2.4 Ghz processors, and 2 Gig of RAM. My problem lies in the fact that scheduled jobs hang in the "Loading Job" state and never complete, and seems to hang on the media mount. they end up having to be cancelled by an Admin as the log states here:

======================================================================
Job server: APPSERVER
Job name: Shingle Backup
Job started: Friday, June 06, 2003 at 10:00:01 PM
Job type: Backup
Job Log: BEX27.txt
Error - Mount failed.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^
User canceled a Physical Volume Library operation.

Job ended: Sunday, June 08, 2003 at 3:29:26 PM
Job completion status: Canceled by APPSERVER\administrator

However when I use the exact same job definitions and run the job manually I get a successful backup. The problem seems to be in the scheduling but I am unsure where to start with this. I need some assistance, possibley just a point in the right direction for me to look at in order to make some tweaks. Several floks on this board have been so very helpful in the past which is why I am posting this here. Send any inquiries to styszka@beringer.net

Stan

Check permissions. When you run the job manually, it's running it under your permissions. When you run it via a schedule, it's running under the permissions of the Backup Exec services.

-SQLBill

SQLBill,

Here in lays my problem, it was running just fine for a while and then all of the sudden it started to crap out on me. On the permission side, it is set up t use the Domain Admin account, which is the same account I use when running a manual backup. I can definatly rule out permissions on this one. Any additional thoughts? It is puzzling, but no surprise, afterall it is Backup Exec. Kudos to Powerquest for Getting it right with V2i Protector.

Stan

I'm also recieving the same error on one of our servers here... we're using the same version and also getting the same message as you.

We're also having problems with small files. If one single file (no matter how large or small) doesn't backup then the whole job fails. Anyone know how we can get past this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back