Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec 8.6 Active/Active Cluster Backup Quandry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armstrong

IS-IT--Management
May 15, 2001
US
Good day Group,

I have an Active/Active SQL Cluster that has 2 'Drive Resources on each physical node. One for Logs(TRN)and the other for Data(BAK). There are also 2 'virtual SQL instances' on each. Each of the resources can 'float' between either server so, L: can live on node1 or node2, and so on. So there are 4 possible conditions node1 owning L:, M:, Y... L:, M:, Y: and Z:... or only...Etc. Normal condition is Node1 owns L: and Z: and Node2 owns Y: and Z:. I presently have two jobs labeled Node1_C1 and Node2_C1 (Condition 1) respectively. I am using both Post and Pre-Job commands to run VBScript to selectively move data etc. My main question is how can I setup other condition jobs WITHOUT capturing duplicate data every night, because this data is approx. 100GB as it stands now? The other question would be is there a 'command', either Backup Exec, VBScript, cmd, etc. that will enable me to 'gracefully' kill the backup Exec job if all required drives are not detected to satisfy this condition. Backup Exec Tech Support not helpful on this issue of Active/Active Backup at all. I look forward to hearing from you all. Thanks in advance for your advice and expertise.
Greg

Greg Armstrong
A+ MCSE+I :)

Never mind. I figured out how to accomplish this via VBScript FileSystemObject for logic, then 'shelling' out to "BEMCMD" to dynamically configure and launch the job depending on the resource-owner combination. Thanks for reading.

GEA

Greg Armstrong
A+ MCSE+I :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back