Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec 7.x Job Engine won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBass

Technical User
Dec 21, 2000
DE
I've just installed Backup Exec 7.3 on an NT4 Server and when I run it I'm unable to see any drives to backup. I've looked under the services and noticed that Backup Exec 7.x Job Engine service along with the Naming Service and Agent Browser hadn't started. When trying to start any of these three services I get the error:
Could not start the {service name} service on \\{server}.
Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

Anyone know what causes this??

Check the startup parameters of both items. Ensure that the user credentials are correct for all 3 services. If in doubt, use the administrator account to check them.

Zelandakh, I've checked the user credentials as suggested and they are all Ok but still won't start. I've even changed them to the Admin account and still get the same error.

Try starting each service in turn. Do any of them start or do they really all fail with the same error.

No, none of them start, they all fail with the same error.

This problem happens to me, although Backup Exec 7.3 on an NT4 Server was working okay until today! Any more ideas? I've tried the suggestions and yet nothing happens, and I cannot find any assistance anywhere on the WWW!

I had to restart our server Monday and am having this exact problem now. I have tried everthing that has been suggested so far and had no luck. Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back