Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec 7.11 Job Mngr error "Device driver load was unsuccessful"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigInjin

Technical User
Jun 12, 2000
US
Netware 4.11 Server, mirrored SCSI drives, CDROM and Seagate STT8000N Tape Drive on a single Adaptec AHA2940 controller, running Backup Exec 7.11 was running okay, but the BE help files were missing which caused errors during server boot that had to be bypssed before the backup software would fully load and operate.  Everything was fine after the errors were bypassed.  Reinstalled the Backup Exec trying to fix the error and now Job Manager does not see the tape drive.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can't say why it was working originally, but according to Veritas the AHA2940U2 adapters do not work with Backup Exec v7.01 through v7.5 because those versions use NW ASPITRAN which only works with .DSK drivers and AHA2940U2 only uses .HAM drivers.<br>I have been chasing this for most of the past year since I upgraded to a new server with an AIC7890 adapter. I could occasionally get it to work briefly, but not enough to be of any use.<br>Veritas knowledgebase reference<br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> <p>Peter Relph<br><a href=mailto:peter.relph@herbertonss.qld.edu.au>peter.relph@herbertonss.qld.edu.au</a><br><a href= State School P-10</a><br>

I am curently using Backup Exec 7.0 on 3 Winnt 4.0 servers with Adaptec AHA2940U2 and they work fine.&nbsp;&nbsp;You may want to reload the drivers for the tape drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back