Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec 7.11 Job Mgr error "Device driver load was unsuccessful"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigInjin

Technical User
Jun 12, 2000
US
I have a Netware 4.11 Server with Adaptec 2940 SCSI controller and Seagate STT8000N Tape Drive.  Running Backup Exec 7.11, but the help files were missing and caused errors that paused the boot process until you bypassed them.  Reinstalled Backup Exec to fix the problem and now when Job Manager loads I get "The device driver load was unsuccessful".  Loading AIC7870 driver in startup.ncf for the Adaptec 2940 and mirrored drives and CDROM are all identified and work properly.  The tape drive is identified in DOS mode as the server boots, but Backup Exec does not see it.  I have done all the typical things such as check connections (even though the drive was already installed and working prior to the reinstall), and reinstalled the software again.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you load the aspi driver after the aic7870.dsk driver, if you have the BE configured to use aspi driver? <br>From the server command prompt, see if you can run the BE diagnostics: &quot;load bediag&quot;&nbsp;&nbsp;It will create a text file of most all server settings and ncf files, and all BE config files; name will be bediag.txt in BackupExec root directory.&nbsp;&nbsp;You may get more info about error from &quot;bkupexec.fax&quot; section or file which is a log of the BE startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back