Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Exec 4.0 error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTurtle

Technical User
Jun 25, 2002
US
On a W2K system using Backup Exec 4.0 I'm receiving a report message "error reading data from file system: 1". All backed up files appear to be there. What does this message refer to? Thanks

I am getting the same message on two diffrent machines at two diffrent locations. Both running Win2K.

I Even get the message when using the new Seagate Tapeware program version 6.03

My data is not backed up

I am also using a W2K system and Seagate Backup 4.0 and keep getting the error message "error reading data from file system:1". It seems that the message appears for each leg of the "tree" in the directory structure until the directory with the files meant to be backed up. The compare portion of the program then gives another error message "missing or corrupt during backup" in each of the places the initial error was reported. Is there any patch or workaround for this problem. All data appears to have been backed up in small tests that I have run but I am not 100% confident that all data is being backed up in large jobs.

I'm getting this same error usimg an Aiwa Bolt:
error reading data from file system. What do I do? Plase help

For anyone who may be having the trouble as described by galileogalilei (dated January 10, 2005), here is what fixed the problem. I was informed that Backup Exec is not 100% compatible with Windows 2000 and that a new software package would be needed. I purchased a license of Backup MyPC by STOMPSOFT for $65. The software functions much like Backup Exec did but I no longer get the false error messages. The backups have been running smoothly for nearly 2 months. If you wish to get more information about the software, visit stompinc.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back