Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup error wants new tape for every backup running incrementals

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwdCouncil

Technical User
Jan 20, 2004
AU
Error Media in device group XXX is not in the scratch set of pool xxx_dly. Running GFS Backups with incrementals and append to tape selected Mon-Thurs and Full on Friday
Please mount one of the following media in device group xxx.
Have BrightStor Arcserve version 11 with SAN option 1 primary and 4 distributed servers. The other day I had to move the Primary SAN server option to a new server as our server is going back because we lease them for 3 years. Did the following.
From new server Installed all software including san and tape options.
Opened SAN option and removed distributed servers, then primary. Added new primary and then added distributed servers to this from new server.
Ran backups that night OK except that it asks for a new tape on each distributed server backup.
Tried stopping/starting tape engine on distributed servers. Message said disconnected and reconnected to primary and was pointing to the new primary not the old. This did not work. Should I redo the whole tape library configuration from the new Primary server. The SAN option guide only talks about if the primary goes down not if you have a new server for this.

thanks we can't upgrade yet as some of our systems don't support the latest version. We will be upgrading in about a months time so I need help for this version as I have to Finish the SAN config on the new Primary san this weekend thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back