Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

backup documentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonuteklists

Technical User
Jul 20, 2004
US
This might be a odd question. We have a backup system which includes 3 tape autoloaders backing up machines on three different network segments. The backups are stable most of the time unless we run into issues such as tape-not-found, blank-tape-not-available, client-not-available, etc.
I already have documentation on what machines are getting backed up on what segment, time schedules, interval when which tape backup set gets recycled, etc.
But I somehow am not very satisfied with it. What I am trying to do now is to make the the documentation as detailed as possible which would explain recovery procedures, problem-solution examples, etc.
Could anybody provide me with a guideline or prototype backup document, either the one you use or even a industry standard one. I searched unsuccessfully in google for it.
Would greatly appreciate all comments.
Thanks a bunch.

Depending on how details you want to get, the pahrmaceutical industry has good guidelines. Try the GAMP 4 guide, from the ISPE (international society of pharmaceutical engineers).

It outlines what you should specify in your documents, and (i think, but don't hold me to this) might give you templates for the doucments.

Its pretty thorough, and stands up to regulatory inspection.

Womble free, always.

Thanks a bunch. Any idea where I can get hold of this. Google??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back