Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Checkpoint FW 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vallan

Technical User
Aug 13, 2002
EU
I want to have a redundant copy of our FW. We have a box that is exactly identical with that of the live box. SO I want to install the same OS and the Checkpoint FW.

This is so that when the live box gives up, we will just plug in all the network cables from the live box onto this one.

After installing the OS and Firewall, how do I make a complete backup of the rules and others for restore or import into the spare box.

Thanks

Hi,

I actually did the same as you in creating a copy of the FW but what I did was to create a ghost image. The image will also allow you to repair the original FW once the failed hardware is replaced.

I tried it and works well. I was using Win2K as the OS.

The only issue would be that you may have to bounce the router when switching hardware...but then that's not always true.

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back