Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup cause network disconnection

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricsonJ

Programmer
Mar 3, 2002
US
When I back up a remote hard disk(about 100G) to tape use BAB V9 for Windows, it cause the network disconnection after a while. Any one can help me on this?

Hello,
do you perform your backup with a very hight speed bandwith ?
I encountered this sort of problem with a 1 Gb/s network card. When I change it to a 100 Mb/s network card, the problem is disappeared...
I don't sure, but maybe you have to see on this direction ?!?
Regards
Hervé

No. The NIC on the computer is 100M. And the computer I want to backup is in the same domain of the Backup Server

Is this problem happening only with s specific machine?

Yes. Only with one machine. I think there are may be some problem with the machine.

It could be that target system or the connection from the switch to it. For instance you can try swapping cables and or ports to see if the problem stays with the system or follows the connection.

try to ping the machine continuesly with big packet and see if it is gives any problem.

I pinged the target computer with a packet of 20000000 for a long time. It seems well except that several times the reply time is more than 15ms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back