Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

backup and restore...

Status
Not open for further replies.

westcoaster

Technical User
Sep 26, 2002
CA
I have taken a backup from one opt 11c (ld 143,xbk) and have restored on another opt 11c (ld 143, xrt). I am then given a prompt:
R>CBKP011 Site ID in backup image differs from that of the switch.
What do I need to do to make this work?

Your site ID is on the dongle on your CPU board that looks like a battery, when you back up the database that ID stays with your back up, thats why you get this error. To my knowledge you wont be able to restore with that copy of your database unless you move that ID dongle that matches that back up. Good Luck !

hi,

You can make a restore from another switch.The site ID is different but that is only information.

What is relevant is that the Switch has the same release and programpackages.

i looked up this earlier post ... i'm in a similar situation
is it possible to just backup the programming data from an Rel 19 and restore to a Rel 25 system?

not without upgrade keycodes

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

In release 19 you would do the XBK and XVR in LD 43. LD 143 does not exist. During the install process you could then try and use that data.

it happened to be an 18.30
and in LD 43 BKO gives a EDD010 = it is avbl from Rel 19 onwards

To do the upgrade from a V18.30 to a 11C type processor Version 22 onwards, you will need to go into the Upgrade menu in LD 143 from TTY 0. Select 3 "Utilities" followed by options (1?) etc to restore a Opt 11 image backup file.
Don't use the "XRT" command or the 11E & 11c options, otherwise you may get problems.
As was stated by other members, Your Option 11c ISM parameters will have to be the same or greater & also the feature set must be of the same or a greater level.
It's best if you do the checks first on your Opt 11 Cartridge against your Opt 11c dongle ISM parameters.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back