Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup agent error. URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

urgent

IS-IT--Management
Nov 29, 2000
SG
Hi,
i am using arcserve IT to do my backup in my network i have one PDC,one BDC, and one exchange server. so all teh bdc and pdc back up is working properly. But while comming to exchange server it is giving the folowing wrror.

"failed to start backup. DBNAME= dba exchange, EC = backup agent error ...... 331, insufficient privilege check user priviliges".

so this is the error message it is giving.

can you help this out to solve this problem.

thanks & cheers
prakash

mail me at : t.prakash@panpacmedia.com

What user are you logging on to the exchange box as? Exchange has some special requirements beyond the normal ones for an ARCserve backup user. Certainly the user should be a domain admin and have the regular rights for a backup user. Unfortunately, it's been a while since I set up the user for our Exchange boxes. I remember that the user needs to have an Exchange mailbox--we use the regular mail admin account. I'm pretty sure there's some documentation on this out on the CAI website.

Hi prakash,

Check to ensure that you have the Arcserve account you are using to backup the exchange server has Service Account Admin permissions applied in your exhange hierchy. This must be applied at the Domain name level, Configuration, and servers level. Hopefully this will solve your problem.

Thanks,

Electro

hi electro, i am having the Arcserve account to back up the exchange server and it si having permission in my exchange heirchy, but still it is giving the error message as insufficient privelege even though i gave the administration rights to the backup agent, can you give me your mail id.. help out to solve this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back