Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backup Agent Error --83 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

6r61

MIS
Jun 3, 2004
US
Yesterday I received the following error while running my Arcserve Backup

E8602 Failed to read from database. (DBNAME=Individual Mailboxes, EC=Backup Agent Error -- 83 "Remote pipe open failed: time-out"

Can't find anything in Knowlwdgebase at Computer Associates. Can anyone try to explain the problem. I'm on Version 7 for windows and using Exchange agents.

check the agent log
try putting the agent in debug
ck to see if it happens on the same mailbox or user

Thanks for the tip david
I turned off my symantec virus software on the server that does the backup and the backup went fine.

Can I delete the arcserve.log file without causing problems? How about files labeled DBFIX_Tx.001?

arcserve log will be automatically recreated.
dbfix output files can be deleted.

I get the same error message. Is there any other way around this besides turning off the Symantec? There is really no way I would turn off symantec with all these viruses comming around today. I get at least 200 viruses trying to get in every night alone..

Thanks..

try configuring to scan incoming files only and not outgoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back