Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backspace trick? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumpermonkey

Technical User
Sep 28, 2003
US
Call me crazy, but I recall a method in which to enable the backspace key when talking to the Nortels.

I have searched everywhere I know of but haven"t had any luck.

Am I out in left field or not?

Thanks to all in advance,

JumperMonkey

at the > when logged in use the LON/LOF commands to turn on or off, this is for C processors & later

Wdhb, many thanks!
I'll give this a try today.

P.S. What do you mean by "C" processors?

JumperMonkey

How cool is that!!! All this time I had no idea you could do that. I always just lived with it. Thanks wdhb

You will find a complete list of valid commands under "Overlay Loader & Multi User Login", at the start of the Input/Output" NTP manual.

c processors denote the hardware model of CPU in Opt11c/51c/61c/81c systems & were introduced around Rls21. This means you can't use LON/LOF type commands on Opt11e or Opt51/61 or earlier systems, or though having said that, I think you may have been able to instal Rls20 on e processors & that may support LON?LOF. Once you type in LON it will stay on until you type LOF.
Hope that all helps.

cheers
Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back