Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BACKLOG GURU NEEDED (my bcklog keeps growing in MSQ740 ver4.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tav1035

MIS
May 10, 2001
US
My bcklog keeps growing in MSQ740 ver4.3... (work mgmnt.) anyone know where it's coming from? I reschedule from previous week before I commit and my bcklog keeps growing.
Also.....sometimes my hours doesn't add up to my bar graph. any ideas there?

Something to check would be the associated values on the SC table file for the table code you are using for rescheduling.

Can we elaborate on this theme a little more?
I have recently encountered this problem and have been reviewing the MSF740 looking for inconsistancies.

One of my preocupations ius that this particular client has the , recently aborted, habit of passing all tasks to the future within the MSO740 view of his program. (Before the commit)

I have found that running the MSH710 and MSH740 programs are very efective in eliminating the residue of recent programming periods. However it doesnt eradicate the problem entirely.

My client was using the 8000 series MST's for scheduling his services. We have recently replaced this with the 9000 series in order to reduce from 48 to 5 the number of services required.

Further info??

Oz...

We are on version 4.1 but assume that commit procedure still works the same in 4.3. Why would you move the backlog forward manually before the commit when this will happen automatically after the MSB740 is run?

We have problems with closed work orders appearing on the MSO740, and currently use the MSH740 to clean those up.

Also having problems with 8000 series tasks where a new task schedules before the previous task is completed, so would like to hear from others about this too.

Regards,
Donna Peske
PT Newmont Nusa Tenggara

Donna,

Would strongly recommend against using the 8000 series for just about anything. The 9000 series will generally suffice for what is required.

One of the problems that I regularly see with the 8000 series is when the tasks are sent to the future because they are unable to be done at this point of time.

As the 8000 series doe not work on suppression the same task or the next in the series will appear when it is scheduled.

Not a good feature unfortunately.

Oz...

Oz:

We recently received some fixes for 8000 series tasks that seem to have eliminated the problems of them scheduling before the prior one was completed.

We do occasionally have problems with a few of the 9000 series tasks that we use too.

: ) Donna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back