Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

backing up/shutting down PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

coniglio

Technical User
Jun 17, 2003
US
one of my remote offices has an Option 11C with 25.4 software. Their building is scheduling a power outage in two weeks. Do I have to hire a tech to power down the PBX? or should I just do an EDD in LD43? During the blackout in NYC my Option 61C came back on perfectly (with the exception of one shelf) so I'm trying to determine if I have to spend $$ for a local Dallas tech to be there or not. thanks

Backup up the Customer database first & verify it. Then turn off the
standby power before doing mains switch off.

Colin

What I did here was shut down the rectifiers, then the main power switch, then the switches in the back of the bottom core.

I too had a problem with one shelf coming back up in that blackout. I think our switches must be related. LOL

Good luck.

Tommy

well then, I will have to get a tech because noone in that office will have the first idea of where these switches are. thanks for your help.

I know this is a little late but the Option 11C is very simple to bring down first of all. All you have to do..depending on the number of expansion cabinets is turn off the main power switch on each cabinet at the same time. Reverse the procedure to bring ti back up. I think any at that office should be able to handle that. Just make sure you preform a remote backup of your switch. When you are ready to bring it back up just dial into the switch and have someone power it back up. You can monitor it remotely. The only problem I have had sometimes is that you may have to force download your PRI card of you are using one and it is not in you startup procedures. Hopes this saves you some money. By the way Option 11's are almost BULLET PROOF.

PRI is a T1 card with caller ID, correct? we don't have one. Thanks for your help.

Opt 11 PRI card is a digital trunk interface card with a D-channel daughter board. A PRI circuit is a B8ZS/ESF clear channel T-1 terminated to PRI cards, on switches at both ends, running PRI software. The D-channel provides caller ID and call setup and teardown messages among other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back