Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backing up second Exchange Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrenmills

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2001
GB
Hi,
We have recently added a second Exchange Server within our network.Our original Exchange server which we've had for some time is Exchange 2000 Enterprise running on a W2k server machine.Our new Exchange server is Exchange 2000 standard running on a W2k machine.Our original Exchange server is backed up by Arcserve 2000 which is fine.I have installed backup agent for exchange 2000 on the new exchange server and set up the backup agent configuration using the user/mailbox account that i use for the original server as this account has no problems backing up,but when i tried to backup the information store on the new server i get the error message "E8604 failed to start backup DBNAME=dbaexchis,EC=backup agent error --(331) Insufficient privilege.Please check user privileges.
I thought that maybe this was because i would have to create a mailbox account with the same privileges as the other account but so that this mailbox resides on the new server so i more or less duplicated the permissions from the other mailbox onto the mailbox that i have created on the new exchange server but i still get the same error message.
Basically all i want to do is backup a second Exchange server within our network using Arcserve 2000 and backup agent for exchange which shouldn't be too difficult.Has anyone got any advice?

DM

You have to have a mailbox on each server, with a different name and user account, setup identically. I have 4 exchange servers I backup, each has a unique mailbox and ID. I use EXSERVICE as the id used for the directory and information store...and the dbagent id for the Brick level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back