Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backing up .PST (Personal Folder) files programmatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

secureshell

Programmer
Sep 24, 2002
CA
Hi,

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to backup .pst (personal folder) files without shutting down outlook? I am trying to do this with VB.NET and outlook automation. If there is another way or another library I should be using then please let me know. TIA

secureshell

{W r i t e C o d e A n d K i c k A s s}

Don't try to re-invent the wheel:

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
How Do You Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions?
[/sub]
See faq222-2244

Hi Marcs41,

Thx for the link but the trouble is that I need to implement this feature as part of my application. I am already aware of the backup add-in but I would appreciate it if you knew how this can be done programmatically. Thank you.

secureshell

{W r i t e C o d e A n d K i c k A s s}

Can't help you there and I don't even think it is possible, as the PST is locked while open..
You probably have your reasons for it, but I really can't see why anyone would want to spend time and effort on something that is freely available AND working.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
How Do You Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions?
[/sub]
See faq222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back