Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backing up over a network

Status
Not open for further replies.

furious5

MIS
Jan 8, 2003
GB
I am having problems with one of our servers backing up, I think the tape drive has gone.

Anyhow to overcome this problem I have tried to backup the server over the network. Everything seems to set up fine but when I come in, in the morning the backup does not appear to have ran.

At the moment the server I am trying to remotely backup up (SERVER1) is the domain controller. SERVER2 logs in to itself and once I have mapped a drive to SERVER1 it can see all the shares on SERVER1 in order to back it up.

Can anyone suggest where I am going wrong with this?

I have checked both servers for backup logs but it appears it just does not run.

what backup software are you using?

"Work to live, don't live to work"

"The problem with troubleshooting is that sometimes it shoots back"

I'm assuming you're using NT Backup..............I've had similar problems with backup jobs showing up as "ran" in Task Manager but they really haven't run. Also, you will only be able to backup the system state to the local machine if you are in fact using NT Backup. It's free so I guess you get what you paid for huh?

Jake Garcia
NT Administrator
MCSA, CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back