Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backing up Meridian Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

techgrl2

Technical User
Dec 12, 2002
US
Hello,

currently I back up all the user data( Voice and Data)volumes
which takes a few minutes

I need to do a full back up

would I also highlight

selective messages & pdls
selective Services
to make this a full back up?????

I hear I may need two tapes for this?

i don't have my good old mermail screen anymore but.. tab down to each of the last two backup fields then arrow over to each of the voice and data fields.. the last time i backed up mail (full) i had 1800 boxes and 30 menus,, it took one tape.. here's some trivia i learned the hard way.. you need a tape with just the mailboxes and menus.. i had a major crash, not a problem.. new hd, backup tape would not boot, not a problem.. did a full install from the install tape, went to tools and did a restore from a backup.. still not a problem.. the full backup formated the hd, did the install restored the mailboxes, about 4 hours, 3 in the morming... booted her bac into service.. hd is not bootable, corrupt files on the os.. we have a problem.. 1800 nortel people that don't speak english.. 10 hours later, did the install again and retyped 1800 boxes and tried to create some menus from memory.. found the vsdn's in ld 23 for a start.. 108 hours later i took a 4 hour break... you need both a full and just the system and just the user data.. or don't sleep to well..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

If you have the old tape drive it may take more than one tape the newer one I think is a tandberg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back