Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

backing up mapped drives 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sxbah

Technical User
Dec 18, 2002
US
Can I backup mapped drives on windows. I tried doing this and get an error saying network connection does not exist.

Thanks !!!

You'll maybe also have to change the "Remote Exec" service from system account to another one with sufficient privileges.

This is what I did:

mapped drive f: to //server/directory.

After this I tried specifying save sets as

1.f: (got an error saying connection does not exist)

2.//server/directory

I created an similar accounts on all machines involved but get the same problem.

Thanks,

Are you sure about "slashes", I thought that we should use "backslashes" ??? such as \\myhost\c$

Have you tried Networker USer to backup the mapped drive (such as Z:\).

Hope this helps.

djandruczyk: interesting information. Just wanted to as: have you done this successfully?

Yes I've been using the autoexnt method for about 9 months now. Works fine. Not as efficient as backing up directly, but necessary for our case. Just beware if you change the password of the account used to map the drive in the autoexnt.bat file you need to update the file and restart the service otherwise you'll have errors. Also be careful with your account expiry options for trhat account. (best to turn it off and use as secure a password as possible..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back