Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backing up hidden exchange 2003 mailboxes using 9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dungtrumpet

Technical User
Dec 7, 2004
GB
Hello
I am having trouble backing up hidden mailboxes with exchange 2003. We used to be able to do this with 5.5 but now Veritas can't find the directories even though we can tick them in "selections"
We are using backup exec versions 9.0 and 9.1

Hello,

In order to backup hidden folders in exchange 2003, you have to give some extra privileges at the account you are using to start the remote agent on the machine/s you are running Exchange 2003.
You should try this, open the exchange's system manager and point at your top level icon (organization), then right click on it and select "Delegate Control", press next and ath the "User or Groups" dialog, press add and select the aforementioned account from your domain account, at the role section select "Exchange Full Administrator", press OK and then press next and complete the procedure.
I guess that this will solve your problem.
Try after that to see through backup exec the folders you have mentioned.

Kind Regards,

George Simos
Systems and Networks Technical Administrator

Nope, didn't work.. back to the drawing board ! I might just cut my loses and move all the hidden mail boxes (ex-emplyees mail) off onto PSTs... long winded, I know, but that way I can cut them to a DVD or two and bury them in the strong room !

Not to worry, I have nearly finished converting the boxes into PSTs. I am doing about 8 an hour !! I should be done just after lunch 8)
Thanks for your help
Adam

I have now deleted all the mailboxes but they are still showing up in the selections !! Let's hope they clear overnight.... I wonder if the Active directory connector is kicking up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back