Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backing up Exchange problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kleptican

MIS
Feb 23, 2006
US
From what I've read, the Backup Exec Agent on the Exchange server is supposed to backup any Exchsrvr\ data, not the backup exec software on the main server. I just can't seem to find out how to activate the agent to do this because I'm continually getting the same error about it skipping Exchsrvr\ files in the job log.

I've read to go to the backup tab and choose remote selections, but it appears that the remote selections checkbox is checked but it is also greyed out. As you can tell I'm new to this so I apologize if the question isn't very detailed. I'm basically inquiring how do I backup Exchange (on a different server) so as to get rid of the errors on the job log. Thanks

Have you applied the Remote Agent for Windows Servers (RAWS) to the remote machine? The Exchange Agent is actually installed locally on the Backup Exec media server and the RAWS Agent on the remote machine. Is that how you have it configured?

It should not be backing up the exchsrvr\* files. It should give you the option to backup the Information Store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back