Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backing up config files via JDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpsguard

Technical User
Nov 29, 2007
CA
Hello Guys,

I am new to Nortel switches. I have a stack of 5510 that I need to download existing running config to a tftp server via JDM, so that I can then make changes to the unknown password statement (only snmp RW community string is known and not the password) in the downloaded text file and then upload it back to switch and reboot it so that the switch can not be managed via telnet / ssh.

I believe this is what I need to do to download config file to tftp server:

JDM, Open device, specify the ip address of stack and snmp community RW string, and on display of the device, edit / filesystem / under copy / image / diag file, loadserver address is tftp server address, under action, select upldConfig. I assume BinaryFileName is the name of the file to be saved as on tftp server.

Please advise and also if there is another simpler way of password recovery (no nortel support contract available).

Thanks

Folks,

I am still awaiting any response to help me figure out the easy way to recover the password on my stack of 5510. Please help.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back