Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backing up an OLAP Cube

Status
Not open for further replies.

pto

IS-IT--Management
Feb 14, 2002
US
Hello All,

I have been assigned the task to try and find out how to backup OLAP Cubes. I found how to backup to a tape but what I am looking for is the T-sql syntax. I need to test a backup and restore of a cube. We have several cubes on our server that no one knows who they are for. I don't want to delete just in case someone claims them later. I would appreciate any suggestions.

[lightsaber]

Hello;

Look, I say that I do.

Open &quot;Analysis Manager&quot; and select the OLAP database, right click, and select &quot;Archive database&quot;; this process generate <file>.CAB on disk, backup this file.

And, when you want restore, restore this file to disk and open &quot;Analysis Manager&quot; and right click over OLAP server and select &quot;Restore Database&quot;

I hope to help you and Good luck.

Tried that however it failed at the restore. It took less than a minute to backup and was taking upto 2 hours to restore.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back