Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Backing up a mapped network drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doranalan

Programmer
Jun 7, 2003
IE
I have Arcserve 6.61 installed on my backup server. I need to back up a mapped network drive on this server which is mapped to the domain controller via a dedicated gigabit link. Arcserve does not give the option to specify a mapped drive as the source of the backup.

Have you tried sharing out the resource and backing it up that way?

If it's an entire drive, check its properties and share it out. You won't be able to give it a name - it takes the drive letter.

Grant access to the ARCserve admin account, then see if you can see it in your network tree in the backup window. You may have to close and re-open the backup window to refresh the view.

If the resource is just a folder and files, just share it out. It'll show up under the server in your backup window, and as long as you've granted access to your admin account you should be fine...

HTH...

Jake Cutter
IT Operations: Always outnumbered, always outgunned...

Hi,

Open the registry on the ARCserve server

HKLM\SW\conputerassociates\ArcserveIT\Base\Asmgr

Create a value

DiskTreeMyComputerShowRemote

Set this value REG_DWORD:1 (TRUE) to show mapped drives under My Computer. The default is 0 (FALSE).

close the manager and reopen it...

cheers
speshalyst

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back