Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Background window automatically comes to front 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallythewhale

Technical User
Nov 5, 2002
US
Hello,

I'm running Windows 2000. If I have a folder open and do not minimize it, the window will become the active window and come to the front of the display randomly. This seems to happen regardless of the open application: word, excel, etc. Therefore, if I am editing a word document and a folder is open behind the word document, the folder will all of a sudden pop-up in front of my word document. Very annoying. Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

Hello,

very strange behavor. Please, try to open TaskManager to find out any suspicious processes. Click on each process and choose End Process Tree. (you'll not get the server down by this, because w2k will not allow you to stop system processes in this way) - by this action you will remove (maybe) some process , that do this joke.
Use latest antivirus software to scan your system - it can be virus too.

Good luck!

Victor K
psas@canada.com
MCSE+I;MCSA;MCSE(w2k);CNE(5.1);MCNE(6);CIWSP;CIWSA.

I have Xupiter installed somehow. Can't find a way to get rid of it. These pop-ups and such are making me nuts. It's not lised in add/remove, nor is it listed in program files. Ideas on how to get rid of it? Thanks. (WallytheWhale, CharlieJax may be right. Xupiter is doing this to me.) Glen A. Johnson
Johnson Computer Consulting
MCP W2K
glen@johnsoncomputers.us

[americanflag]

"There is only one good: knowledge; and only one evil: ignorance."
Socrates (470- 399 BC); Greek philosopher.

I updated the pattern check for ad-aware after reading the article. This morning I ran ad-aware and it found 6 new entrys. After the update this afternoon, it found 33 in the registry right away. Check out the article. access64, you should start a new link letting people know about this spyware via your link. Really good info.
[2thumbsup] Glen A. Johnson
Johnson Computer Consulting
MCP W2K
glen@johnsoncomputers.us

[americanflag]

"There is only one good: knowledge; and only one evil: ignorance."
Socrates (470- 399 BC); Greek philosopher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back