Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Background Tiling Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctorcroc

Technical User
May 7, 2004
CA
I've inserted a background consisting of a small gradient tile created in photoshop for a vertical line effect (see: the problem is that the background does not fill the entire screen but starts to repeat near the bottom? Any idea what is causing the problem and what I can do to fix? Thanks!

That's the default behavior of a background. Your background image is 700px in height, and when your page grows to be bigger, the background repeats.

What did you want (or expect) to happen?

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

Thanks, I figured as much....I was hoping there was some way that I could have a consistent background without any repeat?

Doctorcroc said:
I was hoping there was some way that I could have a consistent background without any repeat?

You could make a really huge image that couldn't possibly tile. (I do not recommend this).

You could always have your gradient increase to the halfway point then decrease back to the original value. (Then the tiling wouldn't be so obvious).

You could use a horizontal gradient instead of vertical. (Then you only need a short, wide backround graphic [say 100 px tall and 2000 wide] - tile away.)

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

Okay, I'll give each a try for best results!...thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back