Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

background question... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neenz

Programmer
Nov 6, 2001
US
Hi, I'm creating a message board for autism support, ( )

Not sure if this is the right forum or not, but, how could I change the background of the ad at the bottom (usually white), to the background of the rest of the site?

I have different colors for my forums, and catagories, so I dont want the whole thing transparent, just the ad. Is this possible? Here's an example, but the whole thing is transparent.

I also wanna add that I dont want to remove the ad or anything (against TOU). I just want to change the background so it would be a little less noticeable.
Thanks again!

oh, by the way, I posted this on their help forums (ezboard) and I got this response...

"The ad is written with a js using the document.write method. The formating is done with CSS all you need to do to change it is add a js of your own that contradicts the ads script and which ever one is the last one read wins"

I don't know how to do this. Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Anyone? I'm sorry, but I'm really new at all this..

Thanks again

Hmmm, it was an interesting puzzle :)

But here is the answer you want to hear LOL
I asume you coded the next style-tag yourself:

<STYLE type=&quot;text/css&quot;>
A:link{color:COLOR;text-decoration:none}
A:visited{color:COLOR;text-decoration:none}
A:active{color:COLOR;text-decoration:none}
A:hover{color:COLOR;text-decoration:none}
</STYLE>

With &quot;table {background-color: transparent}&quot; they did the trick on your example site (you can see the code if you do a &quot;right-click&quot; and &quot;view source&quot;)

so add this to your style:

<STYLE type=&quot;text/css&quot;>
A:link{color:COLOR;text-decoration:none}
A:visited{color:COLOR;text-decoration:none}
A:active{color:COLOR;text-decoration:none}
A:hover{color:COLOR;text-decoration:none}
table {background-color: transparent}
</STYLE>

If you put later other tables to your site that you DON'T want to have a transparent color then you code for this tables :

<table style=&quot;background:white&quot; border=1>
(instead of 'white' you can of course also choose another color)

The other trick they did on your example site, to get the rest transparent is:
td {background-color: transparent}

If you add this also to your <style> then your Forum-items are also transparent. Just experiment with the &quot;td&quot; , &quot;table&quot; and both.

Hope this helped you,
Erik

Thank you so much! That worked PERFECT!! :)
I really appreciate your help!

btw, I posted this question in 3 other forums (not in this site) and NOBODY would help me! %-(

~~~Looks like I'll be here often!!!LOL~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back