Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BACKGROUND PROCESSING & HANGING SERVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

kettie

Technical User
Sep 18, 2002
AU
I have designed a report on employee accidents which has 2 parameter fields. The first allows the user to select a date range, the 2nd allows the user to select the sort order of the report based on string fields.

Depending upon the sort order they have chosen, the records returned will be within the selected date range and then grouped by the chosen sort order (department, body location, cause). The report also contains a chart in the report footer which is a pie chart which changes depending upon the sort order chosen.

When I view the report in Crystal Reports designer, I experience no problems.

However, I published the report to Crystal Enterprise V8.5. When I attempted to view the report, I received the following message

"The request could not be submitted for background processing. File xxxxxxxxx.rpt. [On cache/page server : nameofserver page server"

I am not able to view the report and our server crashed and just hung there.

I suspect it was the pie charts causing the error because I did manage to view the report once and the report details were showing, but the charts didnt (just the word "loading" showed.

Is anyone able to provide any suggestions as to why this might have occurred. I'd like to know so that I can modify my report design so this doesn't happen again.

Hi,

Have you had a solution to this problem?

I am having similar problems with reports containing charts so am interested in any solutions you have.

Cheers
Mike

Would be nice to know if it's really the charts. Did you make a copy of the report and then took the chart out and the report showed up?
Also, what viewer were you using for this? Did you see the issue from all viewers? Did it make a difference if viewed from ePortfolio or CMC?
What about the sample reports? I think the World Sales report has a chart - does that work?
And finally what error do you get?

Sorry for the delay in responding.

We have a solution. The problem was caused by having Crystal Analysis and Crystal Reports 8.5 loaded on to my PC and then publishing to Crystal Enterprise. For some reason, this causes any report with a chart to crash.

On the Crystal Decisions website, you will find a fix for this problem which you can download on to the PC which has resolved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back